It is caused by melanocytes depletion by decreasing the amino acid thyroxine amount in skin. The hypopigmentation causes are heredity, sun exposure, auti0immunity, physical cuts, illness, further it can be developed by taking drugs like antiarrhythmics, antimalarial or from different medication affects.
Major symptoms of hypopigmentation:
- Skin Change in color (skin –whitening)
- Change in hair color
Major Cause of Hypopigmentation:
- Actinic granuloma
- Amino acid tyrosine
There are three major types of hypopigmentation; given below:
- Loss of pigmentation cells due to skin damages
Vitiligo is a skin chronic disorder by which skin loss its melanin producing cells, called melanocytes. Melanocytes cells are the skin special ells, which produce melanin cells. A melanin cell is further produce pigment cells in skin that determines skin color. Loss of melanin cells means loss of skin natural coloration and getting white patches on skin.
The symptoms of vitiligo include appearance of whitish milky patches on skin, change in skin hair coloration, (or premature graying color of hairs), skin mucosal membrane damages, retina of eyes ineffectiveness.
Vitiligo hypopigmentation affect almost forty to fifty million population of the world. The disease is incurable but different treatments are discovered by medical science in order to reproduce melanin cells in skin.
Loss of pigmentation cells due to skin damages:
It is not permanent loss of melanin cells in skin. The pigment cells can be produced via different treatments. The major reason of the loss of pigmentation in skin is skin damages & skin cells damages is possible due to the sun rays.
Albinism hypopigmentation refers to the complete removal of melanin cells from the skin. People with albinism get hypopigmentation symptoms on their hair, face, and on eyes. The major cause of albinism is genetic mutations that affects on the production of melanin cells. The most common type of albinism is occurred in one out of 15000 people world wide.
The cause of albinism is due to the disturbance in the melanin producing cells, heredity, sun exposure, physical illness, mental stress, and auto immunity.
Hypopigmentation symptoms Treatments:
Common hypopigmentation symptoms treatments are given below:
- Usage of topical corticosteroids that is suitable for every type of hypopigmentation.
- Usage of topical immunomodulators like tacrolimus ointment is also gives beneficial results to handle all the types of hypopigmentation.
- Photochemotherapy is a treatment for hypopigmentation that is admirable and widely used now days.
- Some treatments for hypopigmentation are linked up with exposure of UV radiations.
- Psoralen tablet is widely used to treat hypopigmentation symptoms and as a photosensitizing agent.
- Usage of topical applications like sun creams, lotions are also widely used to treat hypopigmentation symptoms.